Since May, 1972, Beverly Day Care society and Family Resource Centre has served North East Edmonton. Our nonprofit childcare services and FCSS funded family support programs are overseen by a volunteer board of directors. The Beverly Daycare has been acknowledged for excellence in childcare through accreditation by the province of Alberta since 2006.
- To provide affordable and accessible high quality care to children regardless of race, religion or ethnic origin to meet community needs.
- To provide a sound educational pre-school program designed to meet the mental, emotional, physical and social needs of each child.
- To provide support for families at risk and in poverty.
- Ensure quality programs.
- Involve parents and the community in providing quality programs.
- Ensure children come first.
- Meet the needs of children in a rapidly changing world.
- “It takes a community to raise a child.”
- All families are entitled to affordable, accessible and high quality child care.
- Children are entitled to a safe, secure and caring learning environment where they are respected and valued.
- The provision of pre-school funding must be fair, adequate and affordable.
- Parents and teachers work together to develop a child’s full human potential.
- We promote and encourage volunteerism.
- A child’s environment acts as the third teacher in development.